Sunday, July 8, 2012

Good Ol' South

We are down to less than a week before we are moving on up - we move on Friday, the 13th!  Yep, didn't really put two and two together when we picked the date.  Stan assures me that it is fitting since he started his new gig with Sidecar on the 13th!  We shall see....

The farewells have started and are not easy, to say the least.   The send off parties have provided us with some great memories and were full of laughter - we are always laughing around our friends!  We are so grateful for those parties and to hug the necks of our pals one last time for a while.   Thanks to those fantastic friends who hosted and the ones who came to party.  If you took pics, please send my way and if they are bad or sure to ruin my reputation, keep off Facebook - he he!

Many felt the need to send us on our way with a few gifts that will keep Georgia forever on our minds.  Some have been funny - like the moonpies and a book on how to be nice to Yankees.   While others have some sentimental value that brings tears to our eyes, such as the Atlanta book full of sweet notes from our friends and the Mt. Bethel ornament that has a story too long to post here.
I don't know if Southern is a decorating style, but I just might find a way to decorate my house in all things Southern!   That should keep me occupied for a little while.

Thought I would share a few of our favorites "gifts" with you all...



No comments:

Post a Comment