Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Few of Our Favorite Things

Since the majority of our home is packed, we have spent the last week eating out!  Ugh - so ready for a home cooked meal!  However, we are using this time eating out to enjoy some of our local favorites that we know we will not have up north.   It has been said that we will miss cheap mexican food the most, which is really sad since I could live off chips and salsa alone!  

If you ask the girls, they will tell you that Fuji Hana is their favorite, so of course we had to enjoy some habachi for them.  They also love Taco Mac, which works well for Stan and I too.  So we headed to our favorite location - the Prado - and enjoyed dinner with our favorite friends.  We also have enjoyed a few others that I am sure are up north (or at least something similar), but the girls aren't convinced so we indulged in La Madeleine and a couple of trips to Menchies.   Finally, we have had our fair share of Mexican.  I still can't believe their is no good Mexican eats up north!  I may make it my personal mission to find one and I really can't thing of a more enjoyable mission that eating my way across the north via chips and salsa!

Last night was our last night in this house.  We asked the girls how they wanted to spend the evening and of course, it was a few of their favorite things.  We went out to eat Mexican (imagine that), topped that off with some Menchies (really love the sweet cream coconut), and then we had a family movie night and watched the most recent Parent Trap.   Yes, they stayed up way too late, but during this last week, I have let me strict parenting rules flex some.  We were all emotional yesterday and it is really sinking in - the time is upon us.  

Gotta get back to some final packing before the packers get in... enjoy some photos from our favorites!
Habachi time at Fuji Hana

Yummers!  Elsa's Enchiladas from Ceviche
The Taco Mac Crew 


No comments:

Post a Comment