Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Bucket List (for Pennsylvania)

While we have only been in PA for a mere 9 months,  it feels as though we have done so much!  Because I knew our time here was limited and this was not a forever move, I decided early on to treat each day like it could be the last and get outside and enjoy all this state (or the eastern half of it) had to offer.  I must say I kept us pretty busy until the weather made me into a hermit :)

HOWEVER - I have so, so much more that I want to do before I leave.  Therefore I am creating my Pennsylvania Bucket List.   PA Pals -  feel free to read through and tell me to scratch things off or add to based on your expertise!   I am sure I won't get around to it all, but at least putting it down in writing acts as a sort of plan - I do love a good plan!

  1. Visit Gettysburg
  2. Philly Museum of Art - actually go past the Rocky steps and inside!
  3. Take the girls to Hershey Park and the museum - who doesn't want to ride roller coasters and   sample chocolate???
  4. Watch a regatta off Boathouse Row - especially since rowing is not a sport down South.
  5. Run the 10 miles of Kelly Drive - I ran part of the Schuylkill last spring, but need to do the entire river!
  6. Go inside Independence Hall - the line has always scared me off, but I need to see the inside
  7. Sample more Philly Cheesesteaks - gotta find the best :) 
  8. Visit Princeton (ok, technically New Jersey, but close enough)
  9. Atlantic City, baby!
  10. More time with the dear friends I have made here!  More time in the great outdoor spaces, farmers markets, parks, etc!
I know that this is goodbye for Pennsylvania, which is surprisingly harder for me than I had thought.  Given the short time here, I had not expected to feel such mixed emotions as the time of our move draws near.    I am thrilled to return home - where I feel most like me.  However, I have come to enjoy the sights, sounds and people in this area and they all will be missed.   Well, maybe not the winters!!!

I guess if I don't get this all done, it will give me more of a reason to come back and visit!

Kelly Drive - image courtesy of www.philly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment